The time of year is a worthy consideration when looking for deals but also think about shopping for items on specific days of the week.
- Consider purchasing electronics, groceries and personal care items on Sunday as this tends to be the day that the most people are shopping for these items.
- Monday is thought to be a good day to purchase electronics and televisions because retailers tend to post discounts for these categories earlier in the week. This also applies to online purchases.
- Tuesday to Thursday are historically the best days to buy domestic airfare.
- Wednesday is good to purchase jewellery.
- Generally, Thursday is the best day to purchasing clothing as retailers gear up for the weekend. Retailers have their reasons for offering discounts on specific days.
- Saturday is a great for buying that talked about book.
Pay attention and capitalize on those days. You will be thankful that you purchased that television on Monday instead of Wednesday.
Consider the time of day. In life it is true that the early bird catches the worm. When shopping, this is true for groceries. Flash sales tend to happen over the lunch hour, from 12p.m. to 2 p.m. so plan your lunch wisely.
Remember that where you shop is just as important as when you shop. Shop smart by visiting the South Common Centre. For a list of stores, visit www.southcommoncentre.com.